The family of former Oyo State Governor, Abiola Ajimobi has explained why the Oyo State Deputy Governor Was turned back at the 8th -day fidau of the late politician. In a statement released today, spokesman to the former Oyo State Governor, Bolaji Tunji said that the action was as a result of the family’s decision to comply strictly with the Covid-19 control act. The full statement below :
There is the need to clarify the believed presence of the Deputy Governor of Oyo State, Engineer Rauf Olaniyan at the 8th day prayer of HE Senator Abiola Ajimobi, the immediate past Governor of Oyo State.
1. The Deputy Governor arrived after the prayer had started.The event was strictly a family affair.
2. There was a need to comply with the Covid-19 protocol as established by NCDC- Social distancing, not more than 30 people in a place and seats arranged, accordingly. After which the gate was shut.
3. No one was aware that the Deputy Governor was coming as neither the advance team nor the protocol informed us.
4. By the time we got to the gate to usher him into the sitting room, he had left. Everything happened within a spate of 10mins.
5. Through a serving Senator and a former Attorney General we tried to get in touch with him that it was not to slight him and he could sit in a private sitting room provided by the family. Unfortunately, he had left. We however apologise to his Excellency.